Thursday 24 November 2016

Belieze and Guatamala 2015

Taking the first step can be very tough, a lot of people can question your motives and wonder why you would take such a leap. Until you come home with beautiful stories, experiences and new friends made. I am very fortunate in this regard as my family not only encourages me but supports my wayward adventures. Ill take this time to thank my Poppa Ron for all he's done for me to make any of this possible. love you pops


It was boxing day when I tried to first make my departure from Tulum with my roommate from Texas, just a beauty of a man ! Unfortunately the night before (Christmas) I had allowed me self to indulge heavily in the local cuisine oooooh Tequila! So I had to stay a extra day or two to let that heavy heavy cloud of a hang over pass. who knew Polish vodka and Tequila didn't mix? After a unknown amount of days passed sipping water and Gatorade I finally made my leave heading south to the lake of 7 colors ( I only counted 5) lol  accompanied by my newly acquired friend from Germany we made the lake in a day. I will admit at this point I was amazed and honestly set back for a minute not by the lake but by the way this girl was going about her travel. She was so small and traveling alone without a fear in the world at all it was truly inspiring. Lago Bacalar was gorgeous and we played around a day, slept in a shed for a couple peso and made our way out the next day to the border town of Chetumal to cross into Belize


Marc and Maggie
In Chetumal I parted ways  with my new buddy and immediately made two new friends from Montreal Canada of all places, just a Beauty couple traveling together. I quickly convinced them to drop there plans and come with me threw Belize and into Flores Guatemala to see the ruins. Best decision I made because that night Maggie made us a great dinner and we popped a couple cold tops and had Marc not pulled me out of bed the next morning I would have surely missed the bus. 100% I would have missed my bus. and we were gone threw Belize we made one stop in believe, looking back I wish I had stayed longer going from Spanish in Mexico to Caribbean English in Believe was pretty cool. the bus was something ridiculous like 16 hr and we stopped only one time, having no money I didn't get water or food at all Rookie mistake. the border between Belize and Guatemala cost 20 American and we didn't no that, luckily they excepted visa and we made it threw. On the bus we met two girls from Poland Mal and Pat well call them, we all stayed in a room with four beds in Flores. Marc, Mag and I got up early the next morning only to find that Maggie had been devoured by bed bugs Marc staying in the same bed as her hadn't been touched and I was fine as well haha. Off to Tikal honestly the most beautiful piece of history I've ever had the pleasure to walk threw or see first hand.

Pyramids over the forest canopy

Next stop, Semuc Champay and a vegetarian Hostel

No comments:

Post a Comment