Friday 25 November 2016

Antigua and El Salvador

I know that I'm rushing threw a lot of this, but like my travel and my life I'm really just flying by the seat of my pants. Remember this trip started out intended to be two weeks in Mexico than off to Australia. As I write this I am sitting in Niagra Falls Ontario a little over 4300 km away from my home in Victoria BC. But home is where the back pack is for the next few months at least.
Antigua!

   I left Lake Atalan at 0400 after having a long night of saying good bye to all my new friends I had met that night. The thing you will learn about traveling in this fashion is there is always someone coming, going or celebrating a birthday lol so if your up for it there is a good time to be had almost every night. I feel bad at this point of the story because this is where I got a little lazy and stopped taking pictures and as I said I'm not at home so I don't have my travel journal with me. I cannot recall the hostel I stayed in but I do recall a couple I met there. Jacko and Hazel from Ireland Just a Beauty couple and very great people they had just gotten married and hadn't told anyone I think I was the first to know! I hope to see you guys again one day!



Jacko, Hazle and yours truly
Antigua was a good time for me, met some great people  and was now poised to breech El Salvador. I am almost ashamed to admit that I knew almost nothing of El Salvador. The more I read up on it on google the more I frightened myself. I didn't have a choice though I had gone to far and wouldn't turn back now. Its pretty funny the border crossings down there you just hand your passport and some cash out the window and your good to go. On the bus threw I had met the first American I had seen since Mexico. Jas Son was from New York and we hit it off pretty quick, the trip he was on and continued to go on after he left me in El Salvador is worth a look for sure......I think he seen the rest of the world lol. This is his YouTube page worth a look ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzbE3VBEiDx-VzP_U4AMt6Q/videos

In El Salvador J. and both stayed at El Tunco lodge, it was a great hostel and the town it self had people from around the world who stayed there for surfing. Because I don't have pictures my self Jah Son was kind enough to allow me to use some of his footage ....Enjoy a walking tour from  a Beauty,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5zhdut8Mw

Some Advice to head; Like every Country/Major city any where in the world that your not from it will have its beauties and its dangers. So long as you keep your head about you be courteous and treat people with respect you will be shocked at how easy and very enjoyable these treks can be. Never in my life did I expect to be in El Salvador but there I was in a little paradise, enjoying the company of people I most likely would not have met my entire life.

Up next Nicaragua and Honduras

No comments:

Post a Comment