Friday 13 January 2017

January 7 2017 The Decition !


It has been roughly 2 months on the road now, and I have decided to make a compilation of highlights and lessons learned with thoughts to the future. Its remarkable that I almost didn't take this opportunity! I was so close to settling into a routine life back home October 16.  I had acquired my travel visa for Australia November 2015, thus giving my one year to enter the country. I left for my adventure Dec 2015 with intentions of my final destination to be Australia. The problem was I ended up stopping in Mexico on my way to Australia and ended up touring Central America.... Amazing trip. I then had to go home and do a season of commercial fishing for financial reasons .... Great experience, hard work indeed. After fishing I questioned whether or not to travel anymore because of the good money I made. The money afforded me  a comfortable lifestyle. The Fishing season ended roughly in October 2016 and for a couple months I fought with the idea of staying/leaving... leaving/staying. I ended up packing my backpack and walking into the gorgeous Strathcona Provincial park on Vancouver Island by myself to clear my head and weigh the options. The weather was awful, it rained the entire time I was out there. The scenery was unbelievable as always when in those mountains. There was a moment in the night when it was too cold to sleep, I found myself laughing thinking this is it, this is what I want to do with my life from now on. Travel, learn, and experience all that I can. In the A.M I packed quickly, my hands so cold I could barely get the tent wrapped up and headed out of the woods. When I got back to the car park there was only one other vehicle, a van transformed into a camper van. I started talking to the guy who owned it and he told me all about how he had just come back from Australia on his work travel visa. He said it had been the best experience of his life. If you have ever entered the woods or meditation of any kind seeking answers you know that rarely do they come back this clear. That was it! I quit my job and booked my flight within the day. 2 Months later I  here I am in Bundaberg writing this blog! Pretty cool.

Camping alone in the woods with animals that go bump in the night (i.e Mountain Lions, Bears, Wolves) is a experience on its own. If you have never tried it I recommend it, go out there and clear your mind. So often in life your head can get filled with useless information and negative thoughts... you can lose track of what is important and real in your life..... i.e. Summiting False peaks. If someone asked you what you want in this life would you be able to say in all honesty that your living it or working towards that goal or dream?
 


4 comments:

  1. I would love to be so long on the road! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great experience camping out in the woods alone. It's definitely a great way to get to know yourself and how to look after yourself. Your mum must have been worried though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey bro, keep up the blog posts. Loving it! Your inspiring myself to start one up when I leave in a week for Indonesia.
    See you on the road

    Tuk

    ReplyDelete