Tuesday 24 January 2017

24/01/17 Trials and Tribulations in Yandaran

          


This is the barely legible rants of benighted traveler....But everyday getting a little better


 Chichen Itza Mexico 2016
Intense heat, hard work, poisonous reptiles, unrelenting mosquitoes and a healthy dose of solitude is my reality in Yandaran QLD Australia. I can't imagine it is the usual way to get your second year visa! With all the larger working hostels you can gain employment from it seems almost crazy to go about in the way I am. Crazy yes, but with good intentions....I hope. See, people find themselves backpacking for all sorts of reasons, myself included, but what was isn't anymore. What I mean by that is my reason to travel and leave the comforts of my home, family, job and "normal life" has changed and with it so to did my mindset, thoughts, and aspirations.
 
Indeed it would be a very bold and unrealistic statement for me to say that if you leave your country you to will have a eye opening mind shattering experience. But it is more likely to happen than if you stay at home in the norm? That's fair to say.

Why did I start traveling?
New years Eve 16 Cairns Australia
Great Barrier Reef 2016
Easy I wanted to party hard and live the good life for cheaper than I was at home. Off to Mexico I went and it was everything I wanted! Tequila and bikinis everywhere! What I didn't count on was my two week hangover turning into what is at this moment a life changing experience. What was supposed to be two weeks in Mexico turned into a two month exploration of Central America and ultimately myself as well.  When you step out of your comfort zone and into the unknown something happens to you. You get a good look at who you are and what your capable of on a very real scale. Can you make it in a foreign country that doesn't speak your native language? Can you find your way around villages in the mountains of Guatemala or catch the right bus in Honduras? The answer is yes you can! And you should. It does not matter who you are at home when you meet all these new faces from around the globe they don't know who you are or what you've done, its 100% fresh page for you to fill in... a new chapter.



Tikal Ruins Guatemala 16
   " Sometimes when I meet old friends, it reminds me how quickly time passes, it makes me wonder if we've utilized our time properly or not? Proper utilization is so important. While we have this body, especially this amazing human brain "  Dalai Lama 
Guatemala 2016 

Everything from the start happens so quickly as a kid... you're in school, got a job and try to balance activities and a social life. Maybe you go to college and your slapped with massive student loans when your finished or you didn't and your working, bills to pay responsibilities are hard. All the while you need new clothes, better car, nice house, vacations, and the list goes on. I wonder how often do you stop to think....Is this what I want? Is this what I need? I was camping one night alone in the mountains, it was pouring down rain, miserably cold and wet when it dawned on me, this is what I want... I want to learn, experience, and see as much of this planet as I can while I can. That's just me though!!

So, Why do I travel now?
Nicaragua
Great question I'm glad you asked. Aside from the amazing people, experiences, sights, culture, food and excitement its been allowing me to find myself. I have seen a lot of my personal views, ambitions, and aspirations change over the last year, for the better I believe. The best part for me is that it has only just begun.

" Rome wasn't built in a day, But your not a city and you can change your mind in a minute. Be absolutely ferocious in your pursuit of change" .....Abromigo







Just Relax Boys





1 comment: